Mom's Little Bookstore

Your purchase at Mom's Little Bookstore will generate a donation to CureSearch.

CureSearch unites the world's largest childhood cancer research organization, the Children's Oncology Group, and the National Childhood Cancer Foundation through their mission to cure childhood cancer. Research is the key to a cure!

So CLICK THAT AMAZON LINK DOWN THERE and get started!!

Thank you! *muah*

pssst! It's that one ⇓ right THERE!

And if *that* doesn't suit your fancy, I have a number of used home schooling books available right now!! Take a look!

Thursday, December 04, 2008

365 Days Of Trash: Black Friday and the Ten Commandments

As I read the following post from Sustainable Dave, I wanted to find a way to give it to everyone I know so that they could also read it. He says everything I've wanted to say about this whole holiday thing.

We have come so far from what Christmas is supposed to be. Well, anyway ... Dave says it better than I can. Here:

365 Days Of Trash: Black Friday and the Ten Commandments

2 comments:

Jen said...

HEY Lady! I read your blog! You deleted the page I was going to comment on (I wonder why I can read it on Reader if it's not here?) but I *always* read what you have to say, if belatedly sometimes. I am teh lazy about keeping up on blogs regularly. Silly Joolie.

:hug: :muah:

Cynthia said...

First, let me say that I’m a huge fan of your posts. You’re on my List Of Ravelry Favorites, and I often share your stuff with my knitting friends.

I am writing everyone on my Favorites List with a couple of questions. If you can answer them for me, it would be a HUGE HUGE HUGE favor. Really HUGE.

Thing is, I am writing a piece on Ravelry for my college magazine. Topic is WHY Ravelry is such a huge success. I need opinions from fellow Ravelers like you to back up this claim I am making.

These are the questions:

1) Why did you choose to join Ravelry?

2) How did you learn about Ravelry?

3) What does Ravelry give you that other sites don’t?

4) Absolutely anything else you’d like to share with me on this subject.

My quandary is this: I love the site and come here almost every week to look for knitting tips and ideas. (I haven’t joined yet, as I am too shy to talk of my own work…)

I want to understand why others do the same. Each person must have his or her own reason and I am very curious to understand this trend.

Once I write the piece, I intend to send it across to Bob the dog. Maybe, he will post it on the site to encourage newcomers or even use it for other promotion purposes.

Thank you in advance


Keep writing, keep sharing, keep creating
Warmest regards
Cynthia

My Email address is:
cynthiachesterfield@gmail.com