Mom's Little Bookstore

Your purchase at Mom's Little Bookstore will generate a donation to CureSearch.

CureSearch unites the world's largest childhood cancer research organization, the Children's Oncology Group, and the National Childhood Cancer Foundation through their mission to cure childhood cancer. Research is the key to a cure!

So CLICK THAT AMAZON LINK DOWN THERE and get started!!

Thank you! *muah*

pssst! It's that one ⇓ right THERE!

And if *that* doesn't suit your fancy, I have a number of used home schooling books available right now!! Take a look!

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Sunday, Sunday

Nothing too terribly exciting going on in the DotFamily Home this weekend. DH and DS spent the morning doing a Roadside Clean-up with the Boy Scouts yesterday, and then the whole family participated in a Stranger Danger event at the Dojang where the DotKids take TaeKwonDo. This was fun!! We had a neighbor child with us, and when DH had to step out to take a phone call I became the target for all three children!!! Ouch.

Much knitting was done last evening while watching the MLB play-off game between the Cardinals and Mets. I finally found out what the Karaoke Mermaid -- which has been sitting in my stash for a good long while -- wants to be. It wants to be Alison's Scarf by Annie Modesitt (previous link is a PDF file, btw). I got through the i-cord cast-on (how cool is that?) and 4 repeats of the lace & cable chart. I was doubtful at first, but it's beginning to shape up.

In the midst of the scarf, I was leafing through The Knitters Bible when I became distracted by a pattern for a placemat & coaster. So, I knit the coaster. There was something about the stitch pattern that drew me in.

Well, I must get back to my meal planning for the week. I'm not crazy about doing it, nor do I enjoy the grocery shopping that results from it, but the DotFamily must eat.

3 comments:

sara_jayne said...

Sorry you got beat up by three kids! I hope you enjoy knitting with the karoke - I can't wait to get my hands on some of that!

Whimsical Knitting said...

Stranger Danger day, what a great idea!
MMMMMM, I love, love that Karaoke colorway! The scarf is going to be lovely! don't you just love that cast on?! I used it for "A Touch of Whimsy" scarf, too. Annie is a knitting genius!

Whimsical Knitting said...

Julie! Thanks so much for your kind comments about the scarf! You are too sweet :)
I'm currently working on a hat to go with the scarf..LOL, well, I'm trying, anyway, can't quite get the pattern I want...but the day's not yet over!
Big Hugs your way!